Background & Bio:
- Jeff has been a professional musician since the 1980s, and has a diverse background with all styles of music, including Big Band, Blues, Classical, Country, Funk, Jazz, Motown, Musicals, Oldies, Progressive Rock, R&B, Rock, Rockabilly, Soul, and Swing.
- He has extensive experience as a performer, band director, music teacher, studio musician, recording engineer, arranger, and composer.
- He has a degree in music, and was a school band director for 20 years. He continues to teach select students privately, upon request.
- His primary instruments are saxophone and trumpet, but he also plays other woodwind instruments, brass instruments, and keyboards.
- He has performed as lead saxophone and/or lead trumpet with numerous bands, and as a soloist.
- Located in Gretna, Virginia.
- Master's Degree in Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Music Education
Current Performances Include:
- Soloist • Special Events, Weddings, Church Services, Funerals, Nursing Homes, National Anthem, Taps
- University of Lynchburg Community Big Band • Lead Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute
Past Performing Experience:
- Brother John & The Disciples (Rock, Jazz, Blues) • Alto Saxophone, Trumpet, Keyboard
- The HepCats (Swing, Rock, Jazz, Blues, Rockabilly, Country) • Alto Saxophone, Trumpet
- Millerville University Alumni Jazz Ensemble • Lead Alto Saxophone, Lead Trumpet
- The Jazzberries (Big Band) • Lead Alto Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute and Trumpet
- Curbstone (Motown, Blues, R&B, Soul) • Tenor Saxophone, Alto Saxophone and Trumpet
- Full Tilt (Soul, Funk, R&B and Progressive Rock) • Trumpet, Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone and Vocals
- Encores (Big Band) • Music Director, Lead Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Clarinet and Trumpet
- Chi-lites (R&B, Soul) • Alto Saxophone
- Decades (Oldies Band) • Music Director, Alto Saxophone, Trumpet, Soprano Saxophone and Vocals
- Little Duck and the Drakes (Oldies Band) • Alto Saxophone, Trumpet and Soprano Saxophone
- Embers (Oldies Band) • Alto Saxophone, Trumpet, Soprano Saxophone and Flute
- Moonlighters (Big Band) • Lead Alto Saxophone and Trumpet
- Harrisburg Concert Band • First Chair Alto Saxophone
- Ray Valenti Big Band • Lead Tenor Saxophone
- West Chester University Criterions Reunion Concert (Big Band) • Lead Alto Saxophone
- Musicals • Jesus Christ Superstar (Pit Orchestra Director), Grease (Lead Tenor Saxophone), No No Nanette (Lead Trumpet)
- Westshoremen Drum and Bugle Corps (Lead Soprano and Soloist)
- Millersville University • Symphonic Band (First Chair Alto Saxophone for Four Years), Jazz Ensemble (Lead Alto Saxophone), Jazz Lab Band (Lead Trumpet), Saxophone Quartet (Director, Soprano Saxophone and Alto Saxophone), Marching Band (Lead Trumpet and Soloist), Various Recitals, University Choir (Bass)
- West Perry High School • All-State Band, Regional Band, District Band, County Band, Jazz Ensemble, Concert Band, Marching Band, Fetter House (Featured Artist), Elizabethtown College Honors Choir, Chorus